PPI Funds Management Pty Ltd (“PPI”) and other companies within the PPI Group abide by the Australian Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1998.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As a funds management organisation we are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information which personally identifies you and/or contains information about you ("personal information").
"Personal information" collected includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- name, gender and date of birth to verify your identification,
- contact details such as phone number and address to mail advices,
- bank account details for direct crediting of distributions and redemptions,
- investment information about your holding in our products,
- tax file numbers to ensure that tax is collected by us as required by the law,
- Monitoring and evaluating products and services;
- Gathering, aggregating and analysing for statistical, actuarial, prudential or research purposes;
- Helping to improve internal policies and procedures; and
- Providing you with information about other services and products we offer (unless you tell us you don’t want this information).
2. CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION
Failure to provide the personal information referred to above may mean that we cannot provide the services that you have requested.
If you elect not to provide us with the personal information referred to above, we may elect to withdraw our services if we believe we are unable to provide you with a complete service.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION POLICY
We will not collect any personal information about you except when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us.
Generally, collection of your personal information will be effected from our Information Memorandum application forms or other forms such as by telephone, facsimile, email and from this website. From time to time additional and/ or updated personal information may be collected through one or more of these methods.
We will only collect, maintain and use personal information about you if it is necessary for us to adequately provide to you the services you have requested including:
- to make and maintain your investment in our funds;
- to contact you with regards to reporting of funds information such as distribution statement and performance; and
- to fulfil requirements of the law, such as Tax File Number collection.
We may also use personal information for other reasons such as:
4. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We will not use or disclose personal information collected by us for any purpose other than:
- the purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure;
- where you have consented to such disclosure;
- where the Australian Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
We are obliged pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 to maintain certain transaction records and make those records available for inspection by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.
We are obliged pursuant to the Anti‑Money Laundering and Counter‑Terrorism Financing Act 2006 to provide information on, and records concerning, investors on request to the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre.
If you use a financial adviser who recommended your investment in our products (as indicated on an application form or letter authorised by you) then personal details held by us may be made available to the adviser.
We may disclose personal information to companies within the PPI Group and to superannuation fund trustees, insurance brokers, insurance companies, fund managers, custodians, fund administrators, mailing houses and auditors for the purpose of giving effect to the service provided by us. We will not provide personal information to overseas recipients.
We may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material, however you may, by contacting us by any of the methods detailed below, request not to receive such information and we will give effect to that request. Please allow two weeks for your request to be actioned.
We may disclose your personal information to external contractors for the following purposes:
- storing information on managed scheme registers;
- audit of scheme registers; and
- compliance plan review
If you have any concerns in this regard, you should contact us by any of the methods detailed on the “contact us” tab of this website.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is generally held on a computer based registry system.
We will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At all times your personal information is treated as confidential and any sensitive information is treated as highly confidential. All record movements off premises are recorded in a central register. After hours access to our premises is controlled by allowing only personnel with security passes to access the premises. All computer- based information is protected through the use of access passwords on each computer.
In the event you cease to be a client of PPI or another company within the PPI Group , any personal information which we hold about you will be destroyed after an appropriate period of time that complies with legislative and professional requirements (usually 7- 10 years).
6. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may at any time, by contacting us by any of the methods detailed on the “contact us” tab of this website, request access to your personal information and we will (subject to the following exceptions) provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested or providing you with an accurate summary of the information held. We will, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity.
We will not provide you access to personal information which would reveal any confidential formulae or the detail of any in-house evaluative decision making process, but may instead provide you with the result of the formulae or process or an explanation of that result.
We will not provide you with access to your personal information if:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us, and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required, or authorised by or under law;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by, or on behalf of an enforcement body, or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security.
We will endeavour to respond to any request for access within 14 to 30 days depending on the complexity of the information and/ or the request. If your request is urgent please indicate this clearly. In the event we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal.
7. CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will endeavour to ensure that, at all times, the personal information about you which we hold is up to date and accurate.
In the event that you become aware, or believe, that any personal information which we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you may contact us by any of the methods detailed below and provide to us evidence of the inaccuracy or incompleteness or of any outdated information and we will, if we agree that the information requires correcting, take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
9. INTERNET SITE
While it is not necessary to register your personal details to use our website, we may in the future offer a registration service, which will enable you to receive product and service updates, newsletters and other information. In the event you do register with us, we will collect personal information from you including your name and e-mail address.
If you have registered with us and decide, at any time, that you do not wish to receive any further information from us, you may send an e-mail to the e-mail address noted on the “contact us” tab of this website requesting to be removed from our online registration database. Please allow two weeks for your request to be actioned.
You may amend or update your registration details by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address noted on the “contact us” tab of this website providing your amended details. Please allow two weeks for your request to be actioned.
10. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the website of the Federal Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.